This is a family favorite asked for around the holidays. A friend asked me for this recipe years ago but I couldn’t give it out because I never measured my ingredients – I just threw it all together by sight and taste. Well, I made it recently and measured just for you! I usually do 14 eggs because it never fails that 1 or 2 eggs don’t peel well so at least I’ll have 24 halves that look good and a couple to “test” – that’s what we call it when we can’t help ourselves and just want to eat some now.
What you’ll need:
14 eggs, hard boileded
3 ½ big tablespoon scoops (use spoon) mayo
1 tsp white vinegar
½ tsp mustard
½ tsp paprika, plus some
- Peel shells off eggs after they have been hard boiled. Cut eggs in half lengthwise and gently separate the yolk into a bowl and put the egg white on a platter.
- Mash all the yolk in the bowl. Add all the ingredients and mix well until creamy. If it doesn’t seem creamy enough for you add another scoop of mayo.
- For a professional look get a tall glass and put a quart size zipper bag in it with the top hanging over the edges of the glass. Dump all the yolk mix into the bag. Push the air out of the bag and then seal it. Cut a ½ inch hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag.
- Gently squeeze the bag and fill the whole in the eggs. Don’t overstuff the eggs, you want to make sure you have enough for all your eggs. You can always go back and add more filling to the eggs that look like they need it.
5. Sprinkle the stuffed eggs with paprika and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.